Thoroughly clean the humidifier weekly. It is recommended that the unit be cleaned more frequently if tap water/hard water is being used. Using hard water in the unit leaves mineral deposits and creates “white mist”.
- Fill the water tank 1/3 of the way with clean water and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or bleach.
- Set aside for 20 minutes, over a sink, shake the tank every few minutes. DO NOT place the tank on the base or run the unit while cleaning.
- Drain and rinse the tank twice with clean water. Use a soft wash cloth to wipe down and dry off the tank.
- Use a cup to fill the base of the unit with 2 cups of clean water and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or bleach. Set aside for 5 minutes. NEVER submerge or place base of unit under running water.
- Carefully use the brush (provided) to clean around the nebulizer and loosen any mineral deposit build-up. DO NOT touch nebulizer with fingers as any fingerprints or other residue can affect mist output.
- Empty the cleaning solution by holding the base from the side where the brush holder is located and having the water run the opposite end.
- Rinse the base twice using by pouring 2 cups of clean water in the base each time.
- Wipe the base and outer surfaces with a soft, damp wash cloth.