A few things to check if the unit is going into P1 often and/or freezing:
- Make sure that the filter in the unit is clean
- Make sure that the room temperature is above 41 degrees
- Make sure that the humidity isn’t set too low, recommended humidity is 45~50%
- Make sure that the unit has plenty of space all around to allow for sufficient air circulation
- If the unit is sitting on a concrete floor elevate the unit a few inches off the floor
- Turn off and unplug the unit for 4-6 hours
When a unit runs and begins to accumulate ice on the front panel and/or above the bucket area the unit is low on refrigerant. It will cycle into P1 more often and sometimes stay in this mode.